An update was released for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in time for the ESL One Cologne 2014 Major. This update included the new ESL One Cologne Challengers and Legends Sticker Capsules. They also introduced the Cologne 2014 Pick'Em Challenge where you can pick which teams you think will win in each round leading up to the finals to earn the Cologne 2014 Pick'Em Challenge Trophy.
The Bronze, Silver and Gold Cologne 2014 Pick'Em Challenge Trophies can be seen below in addition to the ESL One Cologne 2014 Legends and Challengers Sticker Capsules. More information on the ESL One Cologne 2014 Pick'Em Challenge can be found by clicking the image.
Bronze, Silver and Gold ESL One Cologne Pick'Em Challenge Trophies:
The ESL One Cologne 2014 Legends Sticker Capsule contains the following stickers:
– Added ESL One Cologne 2014 Legends Sticker Capsule – Added ESL One Cologne 2014 Challengers Sticker Capsule
– Added the Cologne 2014 Pick’Em Challenge, available in the WATCH menu. http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/eslcologne2014
– Added sv_server_graphic2 that specifies a 220×45 image that is placed above the right side team. – Renamed sv_server_graphic to sv_server_graphic1.
– Fixed classic static crosshair (cl_crosshairstyle 4) not being totally static.
An update was released on the 1/8/2014 for CS:GO. The most important change was to smoke grenade particles, to face player camera position instead of camera direction. Other changes were made to the UI and the maps de_cache, de_mist and de_cbble. Full patch notes below.
Release Notes for 8/1/2014
– Added cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue convar (0 or 1) that defines whether the crosshair gap changes with the equipped weapon (defaults to off, works with style 4 and 5)
– Flagged smoke grenade particles to face player camera position instead of camera direction. – Non-local player positions are now networked with full precision. This prevents small discrepancies in player bounding volume motion between clients and servers under certain circumstances.
– Fixed a rare case when a previously existing inventory item was displayed after unlocking a weapon case or fulfilling a trade up contract.
– Fixed visibility exploit around pipe at mid. – More translation fixes.
– Fixed multiple one-way wallbanging issues. – Made catwalks wallbangable.
– Fixed issue where grenades would get stuck on thin wall panels. – Smoothed movement around generator for less abrupt movement restriction.
– Improved readability around Quad. – Further improved readability at Heaven.
– Improved clipping, removed possibility to boost at various locations (where it was not intended) – Added clip in windows
– Deleted bad DM-spawn (in Underpass) – Players should now properly die when jumping from the Sniper tower
– Increased the width of B-site door coming from ShortStairs – Made skill-jump at Catwalk easier (still hard)
– Removed pipes sticking up at Side (looked like a player head from a far) – Added possibility to jump from blue container at Stairs (avoid peeking CT from Outside when rushing Underpass)
– Removed strong light at Stairs to make peeking to Outside less dangerous – Changed red-navigation decals to orange (easier to see)
– Raised generator at CT-side Catwalk to allow easier movement when jumping down from middle – Removed railing/yellow poles at Front (allowing easier movement for T at the start of each round)
– Slight optimization of items in the skybox – Updated hints around T-spawn/Front
– Very careful removal of items in the player area – Removed unusable doors (that was placed around the level)
– Removed barrel under Backway stairs (there is no way anyone could have placed it there) – Updated text on the Restricted sign (German and Finnish – Finnish soldiers are now greeted welcome)
– Removed col from fence at Sniper tower – Lowered the sound intensity for rumbling rain at B-site
– Changed terrorist faction to Phoenix Source.
CS:GO Updates 16/7/2014, 17/7/2014 and 23/7/2014
A large number of updates were released for CS:GO on the 16/7, 17/7 and the 23/7/2014. The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update released on the 16/7/2014 fixed an issue with bullets not penetrating grate services (fences) properly and ladders (such as the one on de_cache). Various fixes and tweaks were added for the maps de_mirage, de_overpass, de_cbble and de_blackgold.
By popular demand the new crosshair style was added making the 6th crosshair style, this crosshair, cl_crosshairstyle 5 behaves like the older versions of Counter-Strike 1.6 and Counter-Strike: Source. When you are moving the crosshair remains static until you start firing. It's important to note that this crosshair does NOT accurately portray current weapon accuracy, spread or recoil.
In the patch on the 17/7/2014 for CS:GO we saw more updates for the map de_overpass which was preparing it for the EMS One Cologne tournament. There was also various bug fixes during this patch. The patch released on the 23/7/2014 for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive had various UI fixes, miscellanious fixes and an added experimental convar to see if your CPU is overheating while playing CS:GO (+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2). The other changes to the game were to two maps, de_cache and cs_insertion. See all the patch notes below.
Release Notes for 7/16/2014
- Fixed the bullet penetration system not penetrating static GRATE surfaces (fences) and brushes that are NODRAW on both sides (for example, the ladder in Cache).
- Fixed upper shutters in kitchen having a NODRAW face inside that wall that prevented wallbanging from one direction (bottom wood is unchanged). - Clipped a part behind van to prevent bomb from getting stuck.
- Thinned B “bench” wall a bit to allow more damage to penetrate. - Clipped windows in palace so you can’t jump into them.
- The bank side door has been opened to reveal a new path into A. - The back A stairs have been flipped to enter nearer to the bomb plant zone.
- A site has been opened up, the APC has been moved back and a new box has fallen off of the semi. - “Quickfall” palettes have been added to the bottom of ladder on T-side tunnels to allow for quick decent (ala Nuke).
- The flower box at the CT sniper spot at Long A is now higher. - The connector tunnels have become more spacious.
- One of the windows in Connector Tunnels has been opened up (for possibilities…). - Removed shelf in sniper nest above A to allow grenade damage through.
- Stomped some flowers in the box outside bathrooms leading to A because they got in the way of an important sight-line. - Added a light to the bathroom connector to Long A. This improves visibility of players looking from mid connector.
- Fixed the steam pipes on connector to no longer leak steam. - Clipped a few more areas to smooth movement and cleaned up nav mesh.
- Updated radar image. - Thanks to iBP steel and c0tt0n
- Removed OP flower pot at back of B. - Added a lip at the top of main B entrance to provide more cover to T team.
- Slightly extended large planter by B entrance to close a thin sight line from back of B to side door. - Drop-down to alternative B entrance has been widened to allow a better view of the room below.
- Drop-down room roof beams have been moved further away from the stairs. - Roof of alternative B entrance has been opened up for additional grenade throws.
- Locations where the bomb could be dropped out of players’ reach have been clipped off. - Lighting changes at some locations to provide better visibility.
- Shifted tapestry in CT sniper room up and made it lighter color to make players more visible against it.
- Removed collisions on red light above B doorway (Long B). - Simplified drill tower bases and pipes based on Operation feedback.
- Fixed lighting issues on warehouse support beams.
- By popular demand, added a 6th crosshair style (cl_crosshairstyle 5) which emulates the non-dynamic behavior of 1.6 and Source. Just like the previous versions of CS, this crosshair does not accurately portray current weapon accuracy, spread or recoil, but does provide feedback about whether or not you are currently firing a weapon. If you are a new player or you haven’t quite mastered recoil or accurate range, use crosshair styles 0, 2 or 3. They accurately show up-to-date feedback on your current weapon’s bullet spread/recoil at every given state.
- All weapon cases, weapon case keys, operation passes, name tags and stickers are now marketable as commodities on Steam Community Market. - Replaced “Death Comes” sticker art.
- Fixed the A box not having its clip brush enabled. - Fixed some unfair peek and boost spots around the map.
- Added some clip brushes to smooth movement. - Fixed the sign decal on the bank.
- Thanks AreUhungry.
- Fixed a surround spatialization issue caused by not handling angle wraparound properly at 0/360. ( thanks derpylurker )
- Fixed a networking regression with M4A1-S when fired by a player who is not the owner of original item. - Fixed M4A4 | Howl showing as the wrong quality in GOTV streams.
- Fixed decay lerp on non-default crosshairs, crosshairstyle 5 now decays linearly and is now frame-rate independent. - Fixed equipped collectible items not networking correctly for other players.
- safezonex’s min value can now go as low as 0.28 with triple monitor setups and will allow a min value of 0.475 with double monitor setups. - Added convar sv_server_graphic which allows the server to specify a 360×60 px image file (must be 16k or smaller) in /csgo/ that will display in the spectator view. Supports PNG transparency.
- when the scoreboard is up, the radar will now switch to the square “overview” mode (disable with cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard, or in the Game Settings menu)
- Fixed a crash on round end/restart or player spawn if a player was parented to another entity that was cleaned up. - Increased session communication buffer size to allow for up to 64-player sessions.
- Added experimental cpu_frequency_monitoring convar to detect thermal throttling. If you have CS:GO performance problems on Windows, add “+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2″ to the CS:GO command line to see if CPU thermal throttling is an issue. If the displayed CPU frequency percentage drops below about 80-85% then you may have a problem with your CPU slowing down due to overheating. If it drops below 50-55% then you may have a serious problem. CPU overheating can be caused by overclocking, insufficient cooling, insufficient airflow, failing or dirty fans, or other causes. The CPU frequency results are displayed with cl_showfps or net_graph. For more detail see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2715-YIPD-6873 - Added engine_no_focus_sleep convar (default value 50 milliseconds), which controls the amount of time the engine sleeps per frame when the game is not in focus.
- Fixed incorrect material property on some breakable doors and scaffold models
- Added a few more location “Place Names” for use by level designers
- Added solidity to gates in b halls and ct garage to allow for nade creativity. - Improved readability in B heaven.
- Improved readability by quad. - Improved lighting by forklift.
- Improved prop-consistency by quad by adding more rigid edges. - Increased visibility in vent.
- Fixed missing texture issues. - Fixed various lighting issues.
- Fixed texture translation issues. - Added clipping to prevent an exploit boost.
- Slightly increased vent lighting. - Minor but important change to shadowing in some rooms.
- Added fences/fallen trees/cliffs around the map to reduce the ammount of invisible walls. - Added a small window above the backdoor in the barn.
- Added a big rock next to “SeaRock”. - Minor gameplay tweaks.
- Optimized the villa (thanks to Glitchvid).